Dear Agent applicant
This page presents the forms and materials you need to apply for full membership in the Association of Authors'
Representatives, Inc.As you consider AAR membership, please notice:
- Requirements for becoming a member are set forth on the Join page and on the qualification forms. The AAR Bylaws contain complete regulations on application procedures and membership requirements.
- The AAR Canon of Ethics sets forth our ethical standards. Read it carefully. You will be expected, as an AAR Member, to abide by this canon. The prohibition of reading fees and the requirement to keep client funds in escrow accounts are two items of interest.
Annual dues for the calendar year are $150, pro-rated according to when your membership is approved. The
initiation fee is $150. These are
payable upon notification of your acceptance.
There are two action steps to the application procedure:
Ask two current members of
AAR to nominate you for membership. Each nominator must write, on company letterhead, a letter of recommendation addressed to the Board of Directors.
- You may apply in the dramatic branch or the literary branch, or in both. Fill out and submit the relevant application and qualification form or forms in one of two ways:
- Fill out the forms on your computer and email them to AAR:
a) Save the form or forms you need as pdf files.
b) Open them on your desktop and fill them out.
c) Each time you add information and want to save a form, retitle it with a version number.
d) When the forms are complete, attach the final versions in an email to AAR:
Subject: membership application
- Fill out the forms offline and landmail them to AAR:
a) Print the form or forms you need.
b) Complete them clearly by typewriter or by hand.
c) When the forms are complete, post them to:
Attn: Membership Committee
676-A 9th Avenue, #312
New York, NY 10036
Once the AAR has your form or forms and letters from two nominators, your application will be turned over to the
Membership Committee for evaluation. It will then be presented to the Board of Directors for approval. You may be asked for additional information. Email me
or the chair of the Membership committee
if you have any questions.